Wednesday, January 30, 2013

troubleshooting the Play store, yikes!

Bird Calling is a pretty specialized app, so we've had few sales so far (sad face).  Niki promoted it on FB today and got a few people interested enough to shell out $1.99.  One of the users though had a problem with an infinitely long download ... tech support to the rescue ... who, ME?

Yes, me.  Who else is going to do it?  Former IT manager to the rescue.

So I ask him if he's downloading via Wifi connection or his data plan.  Data plan.
Does he have any other problems with the data plan, like is it slow to get Maps.  No.
Can he download another large app from Play?  I find a free 58 MB game called Factory96, ask him to download.  It doesn't work either. (Whew. Not my app.)
I tell him that Wifi is a much more stable data connection, and can he connect to his Wifi network and try again.

A few minutes later... SUCCESS.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment