Wednesday, April 24, 2013

victory declared

Well, it seemed poised to get into the endless-polishing stage, but I think I'm pretty much done with the weight app.  (Although I would kind of like to draw a steampunk scale.)

This has pretty specific requirements. You need to have a Drive account and you need to have a spreadsheet with the macro installed.  It is also designed on the assumption that it is used to record a single weight at a time.  For these reasons I won't be putting this in the Play Store.

Main screen. It will remember the last
weight you entered.

Change background image

Of course, the enter date can be
changed anytime
List of weights and upload button.
Individual weights can be deleted by
swiping away. The menu option lets
you delete all the weights.


If you haven't signed in before, it will
bring up a picker to choose your
Google account. It will remember the
account for all subsequent uploads.







File is always uploaded to LatestWeights.txt on the root (this is not configurable).  The app will
always overwrite an existing file.  Technically speaking, you can use the text file simply as a way
of backing up the database on the phone.

The Google Spreadsheet uses a macro written to find LatestWeights.txt and add its records to the sheet.






























3 comments:

  1. This looks like a really good app. I know you said you're not putting it on the play store, but is there any way for us to download the apk and have a play with it? It looks really useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. If you think it seems good, maybe I will put it on Play! My bf has been using it daily since completion and I've occasionally used it to record raptor weights when I'm not near my computer. Check my Play Store page in a couple of days, if I don't have it there I'll put it on GitHub and put a link to it here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, it's just been uploaded to Play, hopefully available in a couple hours
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fallinghawks.weightrecord

    ReplyDelete