Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Well, scratch that

I still don't know if I want to put it in the Play Store or not, but I restored (since that's what I had it doing before we decided to use Drive) a Share button.  That brings up the generic dialog to send a text file: your choice of Bluetooth, Copy to clipboard, Drive, Email, Gmail, Google, G+, and Text message. So it doesn't require Drive and the Drive spreadsheet macro, and the user is free to pop the data into their own spreadsheet or database.  It's just a CSV file.

And yes, I did make a steampunk scale. I photographed the top surface of a Deco vanity, mushed it into the right proportions, and stuck on Googled images of brass gears and wood borders and such.


However, There are semitransparent XML borders around the weight "dials" and the Save button (see previous post, updated to include the new Notes field and the changes mentioned above), and I haven't coded to compensate for the significantly darker color of the wood scale.The font color is that not-quite-black of Android text, and though the digits are nicely visible, Save is not.  It looks, in a word, awful.  So I'm not posting the pic.

The ideal thing would be to have a semitransparent white for the Save button and remove the border entirely for the dials. We'll just have to see how easy that is to do programmatically.

No comments:

Post a Comment